Monday, January 19, 2009

Going Somewhere With Baby

Well, I've learned that I can't just pick up and go anymore! Last week I wanted to go meet Charles for lunch in Dallas. The last time I tried to go somewhere it took me 4 HOURS to get ready - yes, 4 hours. Feed the baby, put baby in chair so I could change clothes, take baby out of chair because he's screaming, put him back in chair when he starts screaming and rock chair with foot while trying to apply mascara, take baby ou again because he's hungry and feed him, change his diaper, put him back in chair, take him back out because he's crying, put him back in and rock with foot while trying to use flat iron - basically repeat for abour four hours!
So anyway, this time I thought I would call my mother-in-law to come watch him while I got ready. She basically saved the day by coming over and I was able to get ready in (ready for this?) 30 minutes!! As soon as I left I fed him, changed him, put his outfit on, and then loaded him up into his car seat. I grabbed his diaper bag, the cell phone, my keys, a couple of blankets, and headed out the door. I had not closed the door behind me when I heard Jack spit-up. Not the kind of spit-up you can ignore, but full-on spit-up everywhere - all over his outfit, the car seat, and the blanket. Sigh. So I turned around, went back in and found another outfit. He pooped while I was chaning his outfit so I had to change his diaper. Then he was hungry again. We FINALLY got out the door, about 45 minutes after my mother in law had left.

We did make it to Dallas and had lunch with Charles and it was a great day - but I just wanted to share the difference between pre-baby lunches with the husband and after-baby lunches with the husband!

There are poducts out there that make things easier. See the sling below, my new favorite thing - it actually allows me to carry him and have two free hands. Happy baby, happy mama!


1 comment:

foxychao said...

HA HA HA!!! LOL
This happened to me too. When I was at Chicago, it took me 4 hours to get him ready to step out.

cry, poop, spit up, hunger and repeat.

Don't you love it?