Friday, November 7, 2008

When Did Boston Market Start Sucking???

OK, so last night we went to Boston Market after picking up a piece of our crib (more on that in a minute). WHEN DID BOSTON MARKET START TO SUCK SO BAD??? Not only do they not have tortellini anymore (seriously!!!) but they also advertise their "Premium Lemonade," which turns out to be no more than Minute Maid Lemon-Like Drink Mix or something of that sort. I remember going to Boston Market and getting a side of tortellini, cinnamon apples (they still have those but I didn't even want to try them) and a big glass of that yummy lemonade they used to have. I wish they would bring back the tortellini and lemonade and spend less money on redecorating. Oh - and it can't be that long since they took the tortellini away because it was still on the menu, they had just stuck a sticker with something like "sweet potato casserole" over it! How depressing. :(

So about the crib. This also sucks. We went to Lonestar Baby last night to pick it up (finally, almost four weeks late, it had arrived!). Of course the thing was so stinking huge that it wouldn't fit in the car. The whole reason we ordered this special crib is because it's the only one that came close to matching the furniture that is built into the baby's room. So even though we couldn't take the whole thing home, we of course wanted to see it. So we asked to look at it and they showed us the toddler rail (it converts into a toddler bed). We could fit that in the car so we brough it home. And...of course...it doesn't match.

It's not a horrible non-match, but not the perfect match that I had expected (well, hoped for). So now I am torn - do we make do with what we've got? It's a very nice (read: expensive) crib, it took over three months to get here, and I really want to wash all of the baby's sheets and crib accessories and put it all together and have it ready. Or do we return it (or I guess in this case, return the toddler rail) and then keep looking? I saw one at BabiesR'Us that looks like it might be a better match and is less expensive. Tomorrow when we go into Dallas for our Prepared Childbirth classes I think we are going to take the toddler rail for our crib and a drawer from the built-in furniture, and see if the one at BabiesR'Us matches better. Then, if they have it in stock or can have it delivered in less than two weeks (I'm feeling a time crunch here!) maybe we will get that one instead. I am never difficult when it comes to stuff like this, and I'm amazed at how badly I want it all to be perfect. UGH.

I also happen to be sick, much sicker than last week (I think that these might be the only two sick days I have taken all year - and now I am set up to work from home so it's not even like a real sick day). The only good thing to this (I think I have a sinus infection type thing going on) is that I slept for 16 hours, and I slept HARD, only having to get up every three hours or so to pee. This is something of a small miracle as I am normally up every two hours at least. So, yay for sleep! The Benadryl probably helped too. :)

And I needed to put a picture on here, so here's a recent Ziggy picture! He is so cute. Still looking for a home for him. Yesterday he killed a snake. So if anyone needs a snake-hunting pitbull, he's the dog for you!

2 comments:

jesika said...

No tortellini? What will I steal from your lunch now? :(

I LOVE the picture of Ziggy. That camera takes amazing pictures. Maybe Charles will take some nice portraits of Norman after we take the dreadlocks out of his hair?

p.s. I can't wait to see the baby's room!

foxychao said...

How about using that awesome camera to take photos of that beautiful Twinkie of yours? :D

About the crib, Peanut is almost 5 months old and we still haven't used it yet. He sleeps in the Graco Pack n' Plays we have in our room and living room. You have time. :D I elected to get a crib from Babies r Us. Eventhough the crib is a convertible, I don't know if I'll convert it. It'll depend on if Peanut wants to continue to sleep in it. You never know... the kid might want a different bed. :P